Society of Friends of the Museum of the Legion of Honor
A non-profit association under the French law of 1901, recognized as having public benefit, the Society of Friends of the Museum of the Legion of Honor has been engaged in the development of the museum for more than 40 years.
It strives in particular to:
- create and retain a circle of sponsors
- contribute to expanding collections by acquiring works
- help organize exhibitions
- enable the publishing of scientific works
- help conservators fulfill their mission by facilitating relations with a global network of phalerists and historians.
Members of the Society of Friends of the Museum of the Legion of Honor receive a periodical newsletter of the association, invitations to the opening of exhibitionsand preferred access to the museum.
Requirements for full membership:
- sponsorship by a member of the Society; members of the national Orders exempted.
- a filled-in application to be presented to the board of the Society.
Membership dues are 50€ for an individual member, and 200€ for a company.
It is also possible to express one’s interest in the museum by becoming a supporting member of the Society of Friends of the Museum, through a minimum gift of 25€.
For further information and the application form, visit the Friends’ society website
Society of Friends of the Museum of the Legion of Honor and the Orders of Chivalry
2 rue de la Légion d'honneur, 75007 Paris
Gifts and loans
Since its creation, the museum has developed close ties with patrons, art collectors and donors, who helped create its collections and renovate the building in 2006.
Admission to the museum is now free. It needs your generosity to keep up and expand its collections.
If you would like to make a gift or a loan, please contact Anne de Chefdebien, curator.
Museum of the Legion of Honor and the Orders of Chivalry
2 rue de la Légion d’honneur, 75007 Paris
(+33)184.108.40.206.88 - firstname.lastname@example.org
The museum can be reserved for exceptional events: private tours, conferences, cocktails, dinner parties, award ceremonies: