The Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor gives special attention to personal data protection. We take technical and organizational security measures to prevent loss or modification of your personal data, or unauthorized access to it.
This policy statement informs you which data we collect about you on our website and how we use it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the French Data Protection Act ("Loi Informatique et Libertés"). Our policy is likely to be updated; we recommend that you consult it regularly.
By using our website, you accept the conditions of this policy as set out here.
For any question regarding our personal data protection policy, you may contact the Data Protection Officer of the Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail:
Délégué à la protection des données
Grande chancellerie de la Légion d’honneur
1 rue de Solférino
75007 Paris, France
2. Collection and use of your personal data
Your personal data may be collected:
- Through forms that you fill out on the website: student application to the maisons d'éducation of the Legion of Honor; pre-booking form for a group tour of the Legion of Honor Museum;
- Automatically, when you visit our website: data regarding your web connection and your browsing is collected by means of cookies.
2.1. Data collected through the application form of the maisons d'éducation of the Legion of Honor
This data includes:
- Full name, date of birth and nationality of the applicant and her parents, and forebears who are Legion of Honor recipients;
- Parents’ mailing address, e-mail address, home and business telephone numbers;
- Name and address of the schools attended by the applicant;
- Reasons of the applicant and her parents for seeking admission to the maisons d'éducation.
Utilization of data
Your personal data is collected and used in the context of managing our student and parent database, including notably the following activities:
- Managing the educational, administrative and financial situations of applicants and students;
- Informing students’ parents;
- Sending mailings concerning the life of the school, donations and the collection of the apprenticeship tax;
- Developing statistics on the maisons d'éducation of the Legion of Honor
The personal data collected is sent only to individuals authorized by the Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor, the institution which oversees the maisons d'éducation. These individuals are those legitimately entitled, by their function or mission, to receive your data in order to manage your relationship with the Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor and its maisons d'éducation.
We may also share your data with partners of the Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor (notably the association of parents of students and the alumnae association) so that they may contact you in the course of their activities.
Period of retention of data
Your personal data will be stored for the time needed for evaluating your application or, if applicable, your enrollment as a student in the Legion’s maisons d'éducation. Once this period is over, your data will be erased or archived in accordance with relevant legal requirements.
2.2. Data collected through the form for reserving group visits to the Legion of Honor museum
This data includes:
- Your name, e-mail address, telephone number;
- Information concerning your visit request (date, number of participants…).
This data is saved only for the time needed to process your request. It is not stored in a specific database.
2.3. Personal login details collected automatically
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file stored on your computer when you visit a website. The purposes of cookies are to collect information regarding your browsing of website and to offer you personalized services. In your computer, cookies are managed by your web browser (Internet explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome...).
You can use your browser settings to manage your cookie preferences, but please note that certain features of our website may then become unavailable or may function less efficiently.
Which cookies are used on the website?
The website uses the following cookies:
|Name of cookie||Data retained||Description|
|_ga||13 months||Google Analytics statistical cookie*|
|_gat||13 months||Google Analytics statistical cookie|
|_gid||13 months||Google Analytics statistical cookie|
|choix_utilisateur_gclh||13 months||Cookie for website operation|
|SESSION||23 days||Session cookie (when a user session is open)|
* The website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous statistics on visitors’ use of the website (e.g.: most viewed pages, number of visitors, browsers used...). When you browse our site, a Google Analytics cookie is stored on your computer.
Accepting or refusing cookies
You may disable cookies in your browser by following the instructions below:
- Mozilla Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-...
- Microsoft Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer...
- Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDeskt...
- Safari : https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Edge : https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
For further information from the French data protection authority: https://www.cnil.fr/en/home
3. Requests concerning your personal data and exercising your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the following rights:
- Right of access: you may request a copy of your personal data processed by the Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor.
- Right to correction: if you find that your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to seek its correction, updating or modification.
- Right to erasure: you may, in certain conditions, request your data to be erased, for example when you deem it to be no longer necessary to your relationship with the Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor.
- Right to object: you may contest the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your particular situation.
- Right to restriction of processing: you may request the processing of your personal data to be restricted,
- if you contest its accuracy
- if the processing is unlawful but you object to its erasure if you believe that the Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor no longer needs your personal data but you still need it to report, exercise or defend certain rights in court, or if you oppose its processing, while your request to file an objection is being processed.
- Right to obtain a portable copy of the stored data: you may ask to receive your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, notably in order to be able to transmit it to another data controller when
- processing is based on your consent or is necessary to carry out your interactions with the Grand Chancellery of the Legion of Honor;
- processing is automated.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time: when processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of processing
- Right to give post-mortem instructions: you have the right to give instructions concerning the retention, erasure and sharing of your personal data after your death.
If you wish to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights or if you have a question on the use of your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also, if needed, file a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority, "Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés".